College and Career Center
A student's college and career counselor is the ultimate life planning resource. The better a counselor knows the student, the more strategic guidance they provide, especially about best-fit colleges and career advice.
Because of their vast experience, counselors are familiar with many more colleges and career paths than students are aware of and can present unexplored options. During a counseling session, college-bound students should take advantage of their counselor’s expertise and discuss their preferences in regard to school size, location, and intended course of study before they start applying to schools.
Counselors can advise students on financial aid and scholarships, and even request college application fee waivers for a student in need. They can also assist students with college preparation by writing recommendation letters and proofreading students’ application essays.
For students looking for a different path after graduation, a counselor will be knowledgeable about apprenticeships, skilled trade schools, and work-based learning opportunities. Likewise, counselors have information on how a student can apply to join the military and the various education benefits available through the military.
College and Career Center Services:
- Information about College Fairs and on-campus visits
- Field trips to local colleges
- Access to college representatives
- Financial Aid application advisement
- Scholarship information and applications
- College application advisement
- Applications for SAT, SAT subject tests and ACT
- Information regarding college placement examinations
- College Search Assistance
- Forms for transcripts to colleges, scholarships, and EOP program
- Information regarding Advanced Placement program
- College counseling assistants for individual concerns
- Information regarding SAT preparation class